Sunday, September 8, 2013

Bio What?


Driving through New Mexico we came across this development

It was so strange that we turned around. Very modern homes seemed to be built half underground

They were also very unusual architecture 

and that is putting it mildly.

I am thinking some interesting (meaning a bit odd) folks live here...after all it was miles from nowhere and in the hot dry desert.

Maybe they are descendants of the Jetson's ( a  space age cartoon family  from the 70's).
I love traveling...and life's little surprises.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. how cool! they make my house look normal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♪♫° ·.
    Passei para uma visitinha.
    Gosto muito de suas fotografias.
    Essas construções são incomuns, será que são habitadas ou cenários de algum filme?

    Boa semana!
    Beijinhos do Brasil.
    ♪♫° ·.
    º° ✿✿ ·.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just looked them up online. Earthship.com It's also a hotel, you can stay there on your next trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would be great to meet some of the people in this community and I'd love to spend the night in the hotel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have said creative instead of odd. Seems their homes were built out of anything that they found out there in the desert. That last house appears to have a nose cone of an airplane at the entrance.

      Delete
  5. Interesting buildings, I showed it at my hubby and he told me it is a development dating from the sixties when hippies went to remote areas to live a natural life with natural products and building houses with materials they found there. Followers of architects Ventury and Buckminster Fuller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne. Neat that SC has heard of this place.

      Delete