Saturday, November 16, 2019

What A Photo Op!

Yesterday I saw in the local news about this guy who was constructing large-scale weather vane sculptures, featuring native Texas animals. In all there would be twelve. They were being installed way north of town along a three mile corridor.

This picture accompanied the article. Seems the artist was asking the public to donate scrape metal 
like hubcaps, old bikes, metal mailboxes...you get the picture.
It was such a pretty day that Tom offered to drive me up there to photograph the two he had completed. We are still not familiar with all parts of this city, but hey GPS could surely get us there.
Oh my, it turned out to be a very long drive and when we got to the specified location there weren't any sculptures.I barely got back in time for my class at TCU. First thing I did when I got home was to read the article again. I missed one important detail. The part where it said "will be installed". Apparently this picture was taken in his work yard....where ever that is.
What do you think my chances are for me to get Tom to drive me there when they really are installed.?

6 comments:

  1. You have no idea how many times I've kicked myself for not reading articles properly Janey.. I'm sure Tom could be persuaded.. make a day out of it ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Janey,
    Good grief! Yes, things like that have happened to ALL of us, just overlooking a few 'important' words.
    That is HUGE though and where would he be able to install that?
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete