Friday, March 27, 2020

Hello From Texas

Hi,

I feel sure we are all doing about the same thing. Taking walks, cooking, and staying in touch with loved ones via Internet.
Spring has sprung here in north Texas , and it’s my favorite time of the year.
The warm weather and blooming flowers make taking a walk the highlight of our day.
I hope you have nice weather for walking too.
Matter of fact we walked a bit too far and wished we could hitch a ride home....whew!
Not the best picture but someone  ask how my espalier was doing...It’s doing great and has enjoyed our wet winter.
My little NC granddaughters enjoy me reading to them on FaceTime,
and Hannah seemed to be interested in my lesson about France.
Tell me what you have been up to.

6 comments:

  1. How nice to use Facetime to stay in touch. I talk to my kids on the phone but most of the time, it's pretty quiet around here. We are still hiking and I'm reading, sewing and getting my house a little cleaner than usual! lol Take care and stay healthy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Janey,
    Wow, your espalier looks great! With patience and over the years things in our garden take shape.
    Yes, we have a wonderful spring too but walking is out of question as Pieter sprained his knee at the wedding on March 14, when climbing the stairs to the Cultural Center.
    We're hoping to soon take up biking again and that is such a joy in the spring.
    What we've been up to, working hard for getting our book self published. Quite a research and navigating through the self-publishing maze!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well there is not much we can do. We try to make a short walk every day en thank goodnes we have a garden to sit in enjoy the sun. Reading a lot of books, whatsapp with my daughter... that is our life today. Old people have to stay inside...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely to see your blooming things, Janey. We got an overnight snow in Breckenridge, and it turned many degrees colder. We're still using our touring skis or snowshoes to enter the wilderness at our back door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely walk Janey, spring is the prettiest season 🌹 Your espalier looks amazing, much neater than my unruly bougainvillea! Love that you read stories to your grandchildren, I do too on Skype, they love it.. almost as much as I do 😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a wonderful walk with lots of pretty blooms to see. I feel like I haven't been doing anything productive. Just reading, walking and watching movies. I might bake something today.

    ReplyDelete