Saturday, January 28, 2012

Boley & The Boys part three

Third in the series....

So why was I looking for more information on my roots? The answer is ..I became hooked on genealogy when I came across this picture (and later acquired ). My ggrandfather Boley Conner (1817-1898) is pictured here with his seven sons. I am not sure why the six girls were not also photographed? ...but history tells me that in the days of family farms "boys" were more of a prized possession. Boley Conner fathered thirteen children ( three sets of twins) and my Great grandmother Julia was his tenth child.

Okay....back to Boley's family cemetery which remained like a scar  on a tiny piece of land that was still in the family. I was obsessed with figuring out how to shape that place up...My husband...not so much...The story continues...please come back....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment