Friday, February 10, 2012

The Ugly Duck Relocation Committee


Many of our housing areas (which we call subdivisions here) have retention ponds. New home builders like to refer to  them as lakes, (getting more money for a Lake Front property). We have a lake in our subdivision, but I believe it really is a natural lake. Our lake, sports a nice size population of ducks. Fun to watch and the kids get a kick out of feeding them. A number of people suggested....not saying they did it...that we round up all of the Muscovy Ducks and relocate them. Why you ask.?..Well, for no other reason than: they are ugly.

This fellow, by the way, was photographed a few miles away from here...I've thought about this long and hard...and have come to the conclusion that I need to rethink going out to the curb, to check my mail , in my tattered green robe with pink rollers in my hair...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. What an awfull thinking, get rid of them, because you don't like their appearence. Let the decorater come and choose a propriate animal to your house.....People can be so stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually think he is quite attractive! Looks like a cross between and rooster and a duck. Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. Polly

    ReplyDelete