Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Art Show

We were invited to and Art Reception at the Ft. Worth's Arts Council last night. Seems all of the paintings by amateur artists in this museum are for sale.

First of all, I got a kick out of the parking garage


The first painting to catch my eye was this one titled, On The Ranch


Yes, a lot reminded you that you were in Texas.


 Although this was titled, Fishing Boats Thailand


Couldn't help but like this guy


While I thought this bordered on crafty.


Our friend Kerry who had three paintings in the show. This one a study in the use of blacks, whites and grays.

Kerry is a neighbor here, in Ft Worth, our realtor and also a neighbor in Lake City, Co. The evening was elegant with wine and hors d'oeurves and a view of downtown Ft. Worth from our hilltop location... that I forgot to take! Thanks Kerry for a fun evening!





4 comments:

  1. oh, that's neat! especially to know someone personally!

    i love the horse, of course, and that huge steer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely evening. I love looking at art and it is always more fun when you know one of the artists. I am constantly thinking of the wonderful pictures that I forgot to take too. I have so many moments that that I think about after the fact and I wish I could have taken a pic to be able to write about and share on the blog. Makes you realize how many great pictures we have in our minds for us alone that we just have to rely on our memory to be able to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks good and nice you knew one of the artists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive for "amateur painters!"

    ReplyDelete