Friday, February 19, 2016

The Gaurds

I know, this is not the best picture, but I  zoomed in on a cell phone,
click on photo to enlarge
I didn't want the guy in the black car seeing me take his picture. You see he is a guard and he, and who ever replaces  him, sits there 24 hrs. a day.....Oh, and he is not the only guard. Behind me, back down the street, is a guard shack. When I get too close a uniformed armed guard steps out...just to let me know you are being watched. One day I ask him if I could go to the end of the street. He very nicely said "yes, but not beyond the mailbox." Who needs this much security? No, there is not a former President living in this neighborhood, or even a visiting dignitary. There is just a very wealthy billionaire living at the end of this street, and I guess he requires a lot of security? I would feel somewhat like a prisoner myself being guarded so closely, but maybe the billion dollars would ease my discomfort?

6 comments:

  1. We live in a mixed up crazy world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know....after the guy who won the lottery had people come after him...I say you can't be too careful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be rich has its price. I prefer less money and a free life....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd feel sorry for the neighbours, having someone like that in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would hate to live like that, the family must have no privacy whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course, now I'm wondering who those people walking are. I can't imagine having to take such precautions, but perhaps with a Billion I would feel differently.

    ReplyDelete