Friday, April 22, 2016

My Marina

No Marina is not actually one of my daughters
Then again, I guess she is. You see back in 1999 when our youngest, Katy headed off to The University of Wisconsin, Marina filled our empty nest. Tom was very involved with Rotary at the time, and Marina was our Rotary Exchange student from Limoges, France. Marina spoke beautiful English, so well that she even had a sense of humor in English. I feel sure most exchange students would have preferred to have been in a home with other kids their age, but Marina didn't seem to mind. All I can say, is that it was a win win situation.So, why am I telling you this?

WELL, because Marina is meeting us in Paris on Thursday, and we will be reunited after sixteen years!
I will be signing off for a few days....stay tuned I may have a thing or two to show you in Paris. Janey

Photo Credit: Polly Hooper

5 comments:

  1. Oh you lucky lady Janey.. here's moi turning a shade of envious green :) How fab to meet up with Marina again after all these years. Have a wonderful time in Paris.. how could you not :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is sweet to meet her again after so many years! Enjoy your travel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Janey,
    How lovely that is!
    We also host each year a foreign student in our Dublin, Georgia Rotary Club. It is such a rewarding experience; both ways.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete