Wednesday, May 18, 2016

My Little Sister

Calling her my little sister doesn't really identify her, since I am in the middle of five girls (yes we still refer to ourselves as girls), I have two little sisters. So I will just number them...like I do my own five girls.
Meet Polly, sister #4
Polly is a senior IT Analyst, and Technical Account Manager (whew that is a long title), for an international company. She is also very crafty. I have pictured before, on this blog, some of
her crafts, like the holiday wreaths. I have lost count of all the other crafts that she has done over the years, and I might also add that she is a great cook, loves to entertain and spoil her two grandsons ...and how could I forget how proud she is of her beautiful successful daughter!
Polly and her husband, joined  us on a recent trip to Paris, which also included a River Cruise down through Burgundy and Provence. So, I thought I would share with you her other love, photography. This was her first trip to France, and it was so much fun watching her excitement. Above, is the Alexander Bridge in Paris. I know the photographers that read this blog, will notice that it has been enhanced to look like a painting. She also does some technique where she takes several shots of the same scene, and an app combines them for the best possible picture. 
If you have ever seen the Alexander Bridge you know it is something to behold.
La Basilique Notre Dame de Fourviene
Lyon, France
Old town, Lyon France
and one of my favorites, an early morning shot showing our ship gliding down the Rhone River.


4 comments:

  1. Tell Polly I love all her photos! Some of the fun of photography for me is the editing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots by Polly!

    It's good that you can get along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Janey,
    One can tell how much Polly has loved her first trip to France!
    She is quite an artist with photography. But it's far more the person behind the camera, with an eye for beauty that captures the special moments and sights! If that passion is lacking, no matter how expensive the camera is; the results will be mediocre.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes trying editing can be fun to do, but I go for her unedited shots.

    ReplyDelete