Wednesday, December 12, 2018

A Special Invitation

 One of the perks of the  senior classes that I take at Texas Christian University is that we can also sign up for special interest groups. I joined The Art of Fort Worth and today we were once again invited to  the MorningStar Oil and Gas building downtown to view Joy Webster's 19th Century Nativity Scene. It not only depicts the usual manger scene...but a whole village of figurines dressed as they would have been in the Renaissance era  of an Italian Village.
click on photo to enlarge
Ms. Webster has been collecting these from Naples Italy for the last five years

They filled a very large table in the lobby
It was amazing to me the detail.
These are just a few of the vignettes.
You get the idea
 Everything of course was made by hand,
including the baked goods.
 They even had a town drunk (with the red sash on).
You had to walk around several times as not to miss all of the little details
I especially enjoyed the expressive faces.
The Nativity scenes and the whole lobby full of precious art, restored vintage cars and even full size dinosaur skeletons is not open to the public...which seems to make the invite that much more special.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so amazing, so nice to see all the details and expression on their faces. A very special visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi....saw one of your posts on IG and left a message but not sure you got it. Blew me away because i'm a janey too and I've never come across another janey with "ey"....fun! and I'm right across the way in shreveport with a lake house in TX! I saw your comment on k.clooneys blog....smiled when I saw your name!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really IS special to get to go there. And the details are something else! I would have loved to see them in person. Holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing.Thank for your very good article...!

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredible exhibit!! Just one more reason for me to move back to Texas! Enjoy your weekend, Janey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really appreciate your professional approach.These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Janey,
    Indeed that was a very special invite and a rare opportunity to enjoy and admire these intricately hand made figurines. One can only admire the ability for working in such details!
    Thanks for sharing, feels more special now as well.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete