Sunday, December 9, 2018

The Tree

The Christmas Holidays have arrived at our house, which means that there just aren't enough hours in the day.
I took this picture of our tree when I finished decorating it. Tom and I have discussed getting a smaller more manageable one. This one is of course artificial, pre-lit and comes in three sections. The sections are very heavy and not easy to put together.Then of course you have to search and search for the plugs to connect inside the tree. None of our children will be here on Christmas morning so he didn't even want to put it up. We are on the other hand are having a large group of my family (20+) here on Christmas night for snacks and games.....so I insisted.

Do you decorate for the holidays?...or have you scaled back? I would love to hear about your customs...Janey


6 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful, but I understand your husbands hesitation. We have a plastic tree you have to build up branch for branch. It takes a lot of time and each year I think this is the last time I do this. But to buy a real one, you have to get rid of afterwards with all the needles falling off... And without a tree it is no Christmas I think.... Troubles, troubles when getting older ha,ha,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marianne. When we lived there. It seemed the fresh trees were shipped from some other country. We had needles everywhere and not many on the tree by the 25th...But hey it was still Christmas :)

      Delete
  2. Your tree looks beautiful Janey. To be honest if it wasn't for the fact the grandchildren arrive from Sydney this week, oh and the fact I'm having 25 here for Christmas lunch, eight of them children, oh and then there's Aimee, she would never let me get away with it.. so yes, the tree goes up tomorrow 🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same thinking here Grace. Little Hannah was here for Thanksgiving....and will be here the weekend before Xmas. She stood by my fireplace and said "JJ this is where your tree goes"

      Delete
  3. Dearest Janey,
    No tree for us since we gave away all of the tree related things when Campbell Soup moved us to Pennsylvania in 1988. Moving since then twice across the Atlantic we never started a tree tradition again. The outside garlands we gave away several years ago when we were hanging them in our front porch on a freezing cold day. I said suddenly: 'I have an idea!' Got some empty garbage bags and put it all inside, taking down what we had put up so far and also all the lights. We gave that to some Mexicans. End of the story. Our feline residents would LOVE a tree but it is fine like this. Just some small things like our special hand carved wooden nativity scene from Germany and special things from Pieter's Mom and from others that no longer are with us...
    We don't like the over commercialized Christmas at all, rather keep it pure religious and also enjoy the singing in the two choirs. Have to work hard on Händel's Messiah to sing my 1st soprano role with the choir + another choir.
    Wishing you the best for your gatherings with family and friends - enjoy!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete