Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Rain Rain Go Away!


 This has been the wettest month of May that I can remember  around here! So I felt sure that the Women and Wine  special interest group I belong to was going to cancel our get together .
Just in case I set about making an appetizer  to take. This is an easy one. Blue Cheese Bites.
You simply make a mixture of cream cheese and blue cheese, along with a few other ingredients....spread on white bread, cut in fourths and bake for 15 mins.


The party was in the home of a member who lives in Aledo which is west of Ft. Worth. None of us wanted to drive in the rain, so we were delighted to see the sun pop out.
I received several compliments on my offering.
We had an especially good time even though 
only seven ladies about of the twenty came. Yes, the wet weather really did scare folks off. It is so wonderful to get to socialize again!

The recipe in case anyone would like to make these.



4 comments:

  1. Dearest Janey,
    Glad that your special treat got raving compliments; well deserved!
    No, rain does kind of scare off people... but anyhow, it was sure good for socializing again.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well done to the seven brave ladies that came Janey, can't let a bit of rain put you off. What a lovely spread, I will definitely try your blue cheese bites the next time I have people around, they look perfect to nibble before the main meal ✨

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does help to be able to socialize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That appetizer sounds delicious. I'm going to have to try it. It is so wonderful to be able to get together with friends again. I have truly enjoyed this last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete