Sunday, December 19, 2021

Merry Christmas

 It’s finally here…or maybe for some of you …..already here!

Christmas week that is. My packages are all wrapped, except for one and as soon as he runs and errand or takes a nap, I will wrap that one. I’ve also finished my baking even made a loaf of banana bread with the last three over ripe bananas.


We happened to be out after dark last night and I ask Tom to circle by an estate that is always decorated for every holiday ….and they didn’t disappoint. This is the drive up to the house which is better described as a mansion.



To one side of the driveway they had placed a plaid pickup truck full of gifts.A nice little touch, don’t you think?


I was down in the Fort Worth Stockyards this week and stopped by the Drover Hotel to see their tree, which was in the center courtyard. Oh my I think it’s the tallest tree that I have ever seen.





My sisters and I were actually there to have a group photo with Cowboy Santa pictured here with a couple of his favorite reindeer.

Have a very Merry Christmas
and I will see you before the end of the year.💞 Janey

6 comments:

  1. I love seeing all the decorations at this time of the year. You have found some wonderful ones to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas is not such a big thing here as in your place. It looks very pretty outside there with all the decorations. Have a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Janey,
    LOVE the all white lights in the first photo.
    Our best all time memories from the Christmas season are from Singapore where they only used white lights and it looked like a fairytale in the tropics.
    That plaid pickup truck is genial; so well done!
    Love the cowboy santa with his favorite reindeer.
    Still tired from twice performing in the chancel choir as soprano yesterday in Händel's Messiah. We practiced also twice, with the orchestra as they traveled from all over the state for being with us... It was spectacular and Pieter would not have wanted to miss it; a piece of heaven he said.
    Afterwards we had a Christmas party with the choir and our conductor.
    Hugs and enjoy this special Christmas Season!
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a very Merry Christmas. I love all the decorations especially the plaid pick-up truck. It's great! Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete