Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Back in Thyme

Every August around here, I am very busy. For you see, that is when we have our Back in Time Tea, at the Museum, benefiting our Victorian Garden.
The ladies locate their fanciest  hat,
and if you don't have one, we have one you can war!

 Our hostesses, who have been the same for all nine years, have been busy decorating, and cooking. That's me center back with the feathers in my hat.

Large exhibits must be rolled out of the transportation part of the museum, tables set, and tea cups unpacked.

The ladies start arriving in their finery, and stop to have their picture taken. Oops the blue tarp covering the fire wagon that we pulled out wasn't supposed to be in this shot!

They really have fun dressing up!

We have entertainment. Lovely catchy old songs....and a speaker.

Everyone seems to have a lovely time.

Oops! I forgot to show you the food!
We arrange the serving try and each hostess serves three tables of four.
First, our savories.

Next came our sandwiches

and last, but not least, our dessert tray.
and of course unlimited pots of tea.

5 comments:

  1. I remember this from last year Janey, the ladies look lovely in their finery! I must say the dessert tray looks rather appealing to moi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis is quite a gala event to anticipate every summer!

    I couldn't resist! I drove into town today to use wifi to check email, FB, and my photo blog. Guess I cannot exist without technology; a bit disappointed in myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that looks very sophisticated, almost a scene from "Downton Abbey". So nice dressed all of you, girls always like to dress up isn't it?

    ReplyDelete