Friday, August 25, 2017

Ya Gotta Get Up Early

After several failed attempts to show my guests a moose in the wild this summer. I realized that we would have to go up the mountain early or just before dark. So, since I am a morning person...I jostled everyone out of bed early, and we were driving up the mountain at 6:15 am. Not a very cheerful crowd I might add.
Their mood lifted considerably when we arrived at The Upper Mill Pond and the big Bull Moose was grazing in the distance.Sorry I didn't have a better zoom.
At the turn to go onto the Deer Lakes road, we saw a female moose in the bushes eating. I did not get a picture of her, but just up the road this female was grazing.
When we arrived at Deer Lakes there were two more in the pond. So, in all we spotted five.
Having never seen such a sight, our French guest was delighted.
As the old saying goes: The Early Bird Gets The Worm.

3 comments:

  1. They are amazing animals to see in their home habitat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was well worth to get up early indeed. Great wild there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well spotted Janey, I would have been delighted also 😊

    ReplyDelete