Sunday, March 24, 2019

Obsolete

Okay, seems I do not have much to blog about at the moment....but here I am anyway!
This post is about a prized possession. Yep, I am talking about my travel alarm clock that must be at least twenty years old. Years ago when my youngest daughter was graduating from high school I was so tickled with myself that I had found the perfect party favor for her graduation party. I was going to gift each kid that was going out into the great wide world a travel alarm clock.That is until she told me that no one used these anymore ... instead they set their phones to wake them up.
I argued the cuteness of this little gadget and how folded up... it took up no room. Didn't work. I returned them for a refund
Well I still use mine, especially since when I leave my cell phone on the bedside table I seem to get some random text at 2am shaking me from a sound sleep. My little friend here just sits there quietly and can always be trusted to wake me up at the assigned time (provided the batteries are working),
and like a phone, you can hold down the gray bar on the top and it lights up and so you can see the time. I even use it as sort of flashlight light ...lighting the way to the bathroom. I also like that it doesn't stay lit (unless you are holding down the bar). The first thing I do in a hotel room is put a towel over the clock in the room. ...since I like to sleep in complete darkness. So there you have it, one of my prized possessions that I never leave home without.
Do you have something that always travels with you?
* oh...and I promise to get out there soon and take some blog pictures :)
 

5 comments:

  1. I use a clock regardless so that if I wake up in the night I can see the time. I leave my mobile further out of reach at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never travel anywhere without my little travel alarm clock. Like you I have had it for years. Not sure how I would cope if it breaks down. Doubt I could find another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is our age, I also have always a handy clock with me, that you can fold up into a handy flat package.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Janey,
    Well, I had a favorite travel clock and after years and years I've left it somewhere at a hotel, abroad... I was so saddened as I LOVED it. Now I use my iPhone and that is always accurate, automatic changes to the correct time zone and easy to use.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not really Janey.. usually just a bag of nervous tension 😀 I like your travel clock better ☺

    ReplyDelete