Friday, March 1, 2019

Birds

I so enjoy taking pictures of animals when I move to our mountain home in the summer. It isn't long after I arrive that the Steller's Jays arrive on the deck posts outside of my window....asking for food....and before the summer is over their whole families seem to arrive!

 This looks like the post on my deck but it isn't. This picture was taken this week....and surprisingly, these birds do not migrate, so they are looking for food all winter. I wish I had a pretty Aspen tree outside of my window.
To learn more about the Steller's Jays....go HERE

photo credit: Stephanie Robinson

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo! Have a wonderful weekend, Janie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!! I Just Posted A Bluebird Photo As Well. Have A Look When You Have A Free Second.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so colourful and very watchable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Steller Jay really is a beauty. We have the Blue and the Gray Jays here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a treat to haven them so close in front of the window!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They really are beautiful! I don't think I've ever seen one...they sure are a pretty shade of blue! And thanks for writing to me last week during my blogger woes! What an ordeal! Glad we are friends! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Janey,
    We don't have the Stellar Jays here, only the Blue Jays.
    Yours look incredible and must be a joy to have around.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete