Wednesday, May 22, 2019

The Solution?

Lately I have been parking further out in the parking lot even when there are spaces closer up. Not only does it give me that much more exercise in a day, but it leaves spaces for people who really need to be closer to the door.

Most of our parking lots, especially the ones at the grocery stores, have a bird problem.
A not so loved bird, a Grackles, runs between cars, on top of cars, light posts and just about anyplace it can find a place to hang out. If there is a tree in the parking lot you are tempted to park under it, in the shade ,but I have discovered that is not a good idea...if you get my drift.
Yesterday I noticed when I got out of my car, which again was way out by the last cart return, a pile of bird seed. I am wondering if a bird lover bought the seed and scattered it there for the hungry birds or the store employees did in hopes of keeping them further out in the parking lot? Do you have a bird problem in your parking lots?...Just wondering.

4 comments:

  1. I remember those Texas Grackles. They were so obnoxious. Boy, y'all have been hit with some awful weather lately. Hope the long weekend is a sunny one. My #1 is coming to Boston. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Janey,
    We don't have that problem here, yet.
    Guess those birds talk to one another and say: Hold it, wait till a car parks beneath this tree...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't drive and have a supermarket very close to my home, I walk or take my bike when I have heavy groceries. But sometimes birds can be very aggressive and noisy.

    ReplyDelete