Sunday, May 5, 2019

This and That

I haven't been tending to my blog lately...sorry So, here is just a potpourri of things.
I did go to my card making class this past week. We did a lot of cutting and pasteing.
inside of card

I again mailed my card to an aunt in a nursing home. The class I am taking is one of the ones offered by a local university. I take a mix of fun classes and those that involve subjects that I know very little about. My favorite this semester is a class taught by a retired professor of religion. No, I am not having a discussion on religion here. .. I like the professor, have always been curious about what different religions preach. The one I am currently taking is Christian Science. It amazes me how this professor can have me hanging on his every word while teaching  theology. Yes, he is that good.

and

Last but not least I want to wish my little sister a very Happy Birthday.
Polly is one of the most creative people I know. Notice the camera. She is a photographer (and so much more) and graciously offers to take all of our families photos too....and there are a lot of us! 
Happy Birthday Polly!

If you are still with me. I thought I would share something new that I discovered...you may already know this. Are you ever perplexed by ads filling up the articles that you are trying to read?.....even on some blogs. Don't get me wrong...if you want to make a bit of cash with your posts...that is okay with me.
But, if you do not want to read all of the ads. You can click on the little lines to the very left on the address bar...and all ads will disappear. You are welcome.

5 comments:

  1. A good tip on the ads!

    Happy Birthday to your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Janey,
    You have stayed rather busy and that teacher must be one of the very few that know how to captivate their students! It is a joy.
    Happy birthday to your sister Polly!
    Yes, I'm totally with you on those advertisements... Not my thing either.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card you made is lovely and will brighten up your aunt's day. Thanks for the ads tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never see those commercial bars in my blog. You sister looks beautiful happy birthday to her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards you make Janey, your aunt must love receiving them. Belated happy birthday to your gorgeous sister ✨

    ReplyDelete