Sunday, June 9, 2019

We Made It!

I hope that I didn't confuse people. The map I published on the previous post was a map of the whole Route 66. We were only on it for a short distance in the Texas panhandle. Panhandle being the rectangular top of the shape of Texas.
Even though the entire trip from our home in Ft. Worth, TX to our summer place in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado is roughly 14 hrs., we do stop for and overnight rest. So, it was the second day before we start to see scenes like this.

As we got closer the mountaintops were still snow covered.

The little town (population 378) where we send the summer has had a historical amount of snow this past winter.
This photo of our main business district was taken a couple of summers ago and by my talented sister Polly.
Spring has arrived here witnessed by the blooming dandelions around town.

I have already purchased some hanging baskets
and it is even warm enough for them to stay outside overnight,
but what are these? I will explain on my next post....

6 comments:

  1. Just read last post Janey, glad to see you have arrived safe and sound. Must be lovely to spend time in the mountains each year ✨

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it safely - those look like flood prevention bags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mountains look spectacular. Yes I was confused by the map so thanks for putting me right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Janey,
    When you posted this, we both were on the River Danube on our Eastern European Cruise...
    But today, I've linked this post to my post as we've come very close to the area you and Tom no doubt knew so well.
    Big hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops forgot the link: https://mariettesbacktobasics.blogspot.com/2022/08/royal-gorge-bridge-in-canon-city.html

    ReplyDelete