Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Moving Along....

Moving right along...Still posting on our recent trip....but hey, I know nothing is worse than being held captive to watching someone else's vacation pictures. So, I will speed up a bit.
We had been to Florence previously, but we did visit Siena on this trip. Piazza del Campo is unusual as it was built to accommodate the entire village (at the time). Notice the piazza slopes, almost in a seashell shape.. A lot goes on here like the famous Palio Horse race in July.
Another day, we hopped over to Umbria and drove completely around beautiful Lake Trasimeno stopping for lunch at a friendly place in the village of San Feliciano.

One of our memorable hill town visits was Montepulciano. Have you noticed the lack of tourists in these shots? Sure amazed us!
I love learning new things, so I was delighted to learn about this horse in Montepulciano. I think it's entitled to it's own post....Stay Tuned!

5 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous Janey, even more so because of the lack of tourists 😉 Enjoyed last post also. I am one of those who love that movie 💛

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the thumbnail on Grace's site and recognized Siena immediately. So I popped over to take a look. Then I saw Cortona! You've reminded my of a wonderful trip to Italy I took and visited both of those places. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Janey,
    Guess you all visited completely outside of the usual holiday season for Italy and Europe.
    We have been to Italy, all the way to Naples. starting from Venice, in early May and we did not encounter tourists either. Don't mind, it is always a big plus!
    Awaiting your horse saga...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a good idea to avoid the mass tourism seasons. You can see things so much better.

    ReplyDelete