Thursday, July 23, 2020

Mommy Marmot

I always look forward to seeing Marmots when I come to Colorado. We don’t have them in Texas. Marmots make their homes in big rock piles at high altitude. They are very fond of sunning themselves early in the day. So on a sunny morning, they are pretty easy to find.
I spotted this Mother and child when visiting our local art zoo. The mother Marmot was very protective of her little one and would not let me and closer..

More on the art zoo later. I hope that you have had a good week...Janey

6 comments:

  1. They both look very cute, and I love the way that the mother is protecting her young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She stands for her young one, no more closer steps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Janey,
    How lucky you are for spotting these sweet mammals in their natural surrounding. That baby Marmot is a steal!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are such cute little fellows. Many years ago when I was camping in Oregon, one came right up to the door of the travel trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy Your Week - Looking Forward To The Zoo Post

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. not so different from groundhogs, but they look bigger.

    ReplyDelete