Sunday, July 26, 2020

The Zoo

Little Lake City Colorado is way too small to have a real zoo. So a local home grown artist decided to redemy this.
                                and opened a wildlife art zoo in her very large backyard.
She has painted over 200 animals on wooden cutouts, most of these life sized and a smattering of stones with the likeness of animals in the forest.
Okay a few of them may be extinct.
Children are given a sheet of paper with a list of animals they need to find and check off.  If you complete the list...you get a lollipop.
I like that she has the animals in groups.

It have discovered that it is a great way to entertain your younger guests, although a group of my college aged visitors had a ball here. Karen, the lady that created all of this also has rock painting classes on the grounds,
a fun little putt putt golf course,
and a  challenging croquet course..that my Granddaughter Hannah enjoyed. 
Of course my favorite is the only live animals running about...as I mentioned in the last post...the very entertaining Marmots.....this one posed for me ever so nicely. 

6 comments:

  1. Dearest Janey,
    Wow, that is such a funny picture as it looks like a Marmot wearing a chef's hat!
    That is a genius way for entertaining all level of youth (and the young of heart!) with such artwork.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative done and for everyone a joy to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right On - Makes My Heart Happy - Would Never Leave

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea. I think I'd enjoy having a look around in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea Janey, I think the children would have so much fun here, I know my grandchildren would especially if there was a little challenge going on 😉 The Marmont is so cute, here and last post 💜

    ReplyDelete