Sunday, November 29, 2020

The Stockings Were Hung

 After a lot of discussion, we have decided that we would not put up our Christmas tree this year.


Since we will be doing no entertaining and the family will not be here, it just seemed like a lot of effort for the two of us. Early on my two daughters and their families were to be here for Christmas,but we feel like the virus is everywhere now and being so close to a vaccination, we have decided to stay isolated. Decorating the mantle today and putting a few things here and there will at least make it feel a bit more festive.

Will your holiday look different this year?

7 comments:

  1. It will be the same for us. My youngest son had invite us to stay with them for a few days over Christmas but that was during the summer, but now things have changed so much.
    I will do the same as you, just scatter a few things around to bring in the festive spirit but that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had made up my mind to do the same if our Sydney family weren't able to come over for Christmas Janey, I certainly wouldn't have put the tree up. The good news though is that it looks like the borders will be open to NSW and Christmas is on again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Janey,
    We never set up a Christmas tree, gave away all our tree items when Campbell 'forced' us to move up north to Pennsylvania. Then we decorated the outside of this new home but one time while doing so in the cold, I said I got an idea. Running back inside and coming back with several big garbage bags, we gathered all the guirlandes and lights and Pieter donated it to some poor Mexicans to decorate. That was IT. For us just the calm Christmas as usual. Have always hated this overly commercial thing... We will not succumb to that part. It is a pure religious feast and that we've always kept going.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quit putting up a tree two years ago but I do put out some Christmas decorations around the house. I have a couple of holiday decorations that I enjoy getting out every year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't particularly celebrate Christmas. I don't expect to see any family until next year anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the most joyful experiences during trip is to meet friendly persons by chance. Happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete