Sunday, July 21, 2013

Use What is Available



We have some beautiful hillsides around here. Well, I don't consider this one of them. In some places it looks like the hillsides were blasted. Maybe back in the mining days? Anyway, a young couple is building  their house on one of these such hills. And by building it, I mean physically building the house themselves.

I like that they are using what is avaiable for free, to build this retaining wall. Tom says it looks like a fort complete with gun ports.

I will show you what it looks like when they finish!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. You never know what comes to defend yourselves...They have a fort anyway, ha,ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be very interested in seeing the finished product. Sounds like LOTS of work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to see the finished house Janey, this couple are really enterprising in their use of free materials oui:)

    ReplyDelete