Monday, August 18, 2014

My Garden

Happy Monday everyone! It started out kind of cloudy here, but I think it is going to be a nice day. I discussed on a previous blog post, that we leave our yard natural here, in our summer home, in the Rocky Mountains. Translated: We have a lot of rocks in the yard. We do have a bit of color by adding hanging baskets, that must be *watered daily.....which is part of my morning routine.
These hang by the front entrance
 
Geraniums on the main deck (facing south)
another basket of purple on the west deck (sorry I do not know the name)
and under the kitchen window, a wine barrel with several types of flowers. These are the only ones the deer can reach...and they did top them earlier in the season
This is a spray that I have found works to keep them from eating the flowers. No wonder it works, it smells horrible. I spray it on the flowers in the barrel about once a week.

Have a wonderful Monday!...Janey
*It is the very low humidity here that makes watering outside plants daily necessary
 

 

4 comments:

  1. i admire folks who keep blooms. i have 2 lantana plants i can hardly keep alive in this heat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your hanging gardens of Babylon, ha,ha. They really look nice and colourful..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to have the hanging baskets for a burst of colour Janey.. the worst I have to worry about eating my plants is snails :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot think of a better routine each morning; you are taking good care of your plants!

    ReplyDelete