Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Reunion

On our recent trip to Florida we visited a very pretty Botanical Garden
The Selby Botanical Gardens are situated right on the bay of Sarasota
so in the distance you can see boats anchored offshore.
I was impressed with this bookcase full of Bromeliads.
The weather was perfect that day and it seemed that the plants were enjoying the sunny weather too.
I was amazed by the roots on this old Banyan tree.
Acting like typical tourists, of course we hugged the Hugging Tree.
So why did I call this post Reunion? Well, Tom found out that an old Fraternity roommate from his college days lived in Sarasota and we were able to secure his phone number. He and his wife Mary invited us to these gardens as their guests. We had a great day with them, strolling through the gardens, going to lunch and touring Siesta Key which is the Key south of where we were staying. I especially got a kick out of the funny college escapades they remembered!
It has been 60 yrs. since Tom and Jim have seen each other!
So we have decided to get together a little more often...

6 comments:

  1. I have visited Selby Botanical Gardens too, so I can imagine just how much you enjoyed it. I even took a photo of those same Banyan tree roots too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great place to visit and so nice see an old friend again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Botanical gardens are so nice to explore, sounds like a fun catch up Janey.
    P.s. I added comment to last post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I've come across from Grace's blog Perth Daily Photo.

    I always enjoy seeing flowers and those gardens do look so colourful.
    How lovely to meet up with an old friend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete