Thursday, August 30, 2018

Birds

I would love to have a bird feeder here, but is a well known fact that they attract bears . So, I put some bird seed on a deck post in the morning and the birds devour it quickly.
This Steller's Jay picture was taken by my sister Polly who is visiting. I have a flock of five that show up every morning. They can see me walking about the in house and screech at me until I come out and feed them. I say a flock...there are usually about five. This is a juvenile. It's crown when full grown will get almost black.
I was surprised to find out the the male and female look just alike. We don't have these birds in Texas. The only Jay I know of there is a Blue Jay. Do you have a special bird native to your area?

5 comments:

  1. That jay only lives in the west. I know they're around in British Columbia and Alberta.

    We do get the blue jays, and out in the countryside there's also the gray jay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I remember the Blue Jay in the States, it is a bit like our black Crow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shots Janey, amazing colour! I think my most colourful bird visitors are the Rainbow Lorikeets 🐦

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to have such friendly neighbours. Haven't visited for some time now; good to "hear" from you. Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your blog,I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in
    traffic density,which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    หนังชีวประวัติ

    ReplyDelete