Saturday, September 29, 2018

Saved

On my recent trip to Dallas with my art group...I might add on a rainy day,
I noticed a large colorful glass mosaic adjacent to the front door of the Dallas Museum of Art.
The work of art by Miguel Covarrubias was commisioned by Peter and Waldo Stewart in 1954 to be displayed on the side of their office building in North Dallas. When the building was sold in 1993 the mural, which wasn't easy to move, was given to the Dallas Museum of Art before it was demolished with the building. The title is:
 Genesis the Gift of Life
and it represents the four elements
Water-Earth-Fire-and Air

4 comments:

  1. Glad it was saved it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi all dear !!
    great article and information, with your blogcomment.
    I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much.
    I love your posts and everything looks wonderful. I love your idea.
    thanks for sharing.
    หนังดราม่า

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to say that this post is amazing, great written and include almost all vital infos. I would like to see more posts like this
    instagram viewer

    ReplyDelete