Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Fall Weather

 We were a bit surprised when we arrived back in Texas to find the weather so pleasant. It is not unusual to have 100 degree temps in September, but not this year. This morning it is in the 50’s and low humidity.

 

Therefore I have set about trying to make it look a bit more Fall like around here. I use to put out a lot (too many) seasonal decorations when my girls were growing up, but I have scaled back a bit.


Just a few things, here and there will do.


Do you decorate your place for the different seasons? Surely some of you do, especially for Christmas.

I have actually, in my downsizing efforts, have gotten rid of a lot of my decorations...and only have hung on to my favorites.


My pink Pentas out front still think it’s summer though.They do very well in our searing summer heat. They will be replaced by plants that will hold up through the winter....but I don’t want to tear out blooming flowers, at least not just yet!


6 comments:

  1. Dearest Janey,
    Your pink Pentas are quite a show! That was cool for your region...
    Well, frankly I have to tell you that when we moved from Georgia to Pennsylvania, we gave away almost all of our Christmas things. Too bulky to move it all and too costly. We actually don't decorate for the seasons. Most times I even forget our 5 spun glass halloween ornaments... https://mariettesbacktobasics.blogspot.com/2012/10/our-5-spun-glass-halloween-ornaments.html
    The reason for all this was that we were traveling too much and it looks odd when away that long and the wrong season is still displayed.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janey! Back again but I am operating like a novice. Must relearn so much! Colors in all photos are autumnal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have gotten rid of most of my seasonal decorations. I have just a few left. These look very nice. I can't believe it was that cool this morning. Our lows are still in the 80's and 100's during the day. However, those 80's in the morning are feeling pretty darn good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You left CO already? I'm glad you returned home to less heat.

    ReplyDelete