Friday, September 4, 2020

What is it?

 Our property here on the mountainside in Colorado amounts to almost two acres. We have not landscaped, but have left things in a natural state. It is very rocky on this hillside and there are very few places where you could even dig a hole. Matter of fact in order to build our house they had to do a lot of blasting with dynamite. 

So I was a bit intrigued when on a walk a few years ago, I found this on a hill under a tree north of our driveway. It is an area without any rocks, just dirt, but completely  outlined with rocks and a large piece of pink granite at one end. The more I looked at it the more it looked like some sort of a grave. I have shown it to a lot of our guests and they have suggested maybe someone buried a dog up here before our house was built.
Although, it is an awful large area for just a dog. This town was a wild  west mining town back in the late 19th century. They did have a cemetery then, but maybe for some reason someone was buried up here. Or maybe they buried their gold or silver and never made it back to dig it up. Guess I will never know...unless I start digging, but don’t worry, I am not going to do that.

5 comments:

  1. Dearest Janey,
    Guess in all mountainous regions we can come across such mystery spots. Over the ages, so many things might have happened. But we always feel intrigued to find out!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me curious, can you dig a liitle bit???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some things are definitely best left alone Janey 😉 I love that you have left the land au naturel 💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that would make me curious too. However, it probably is best to leave it alone.

    ReplyDelete