Sunday, June 20, 2021

Coffee Anyone?

On our morning walk we occasionally stop at our favorite coffee shop .


Meet Mandy, she runs the place. Not only does she run the place, she bakes all of the pastries that they offer and they have the best blueberry muffins I have ever tasted. One day I stopped by  pickup something else, and happened to tell her how good they were. When I was  leaving she ran after me. She had bagged up the three blueberry muffins she had left and said “ here these are for you”.That is just how sweet she is.


One unusual thing about Mandy.



She and her husband live up on the side of a mountain in a yurt similar to this one.  I think, actually know for sure that she is the first person I have ever met who lives in a yurt!

How about ? Do you know anyone who lives in a yurt?

6 comments:

  1. I had to look up what exactly a yurt was. I don't think I could live in one but good for her and her husband for doing so! She seems like a gem of a lady and a good business person!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Janey,
    What a very sweet person Mandy is!
    Didn't know what a yurt was either. To me it looks like Mongolian tents...
    Then I found this:https://youtu.be/5_HmAkNXntw
    From Colorado.
    Wondering if they would be able to live there in winter?!
    Hugs and thanks for introducing this to your readers.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Mandy, No I don't know people who live in a yurt, people of our age are living in an eldery home, but not we! ha,ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks the sort of person who would bake delicious muffins and also have a generous spirit.
    There are lots of yurts here, some are lived in all year round and others are holiday rentals. They are secreted in beautiful woodlands and hidden valleys. They have been particularly popular during this Pandemic when people are seeking getaways in lovely isolated situations.
    They are supposed to be very warm and come with complete with a wood stove - you can see the metal pipe from the stove on your photo to the right of the doorway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say no to that one Janey but I wish I did.. especially one who makes delicious muffins 😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a blueberry muffin recipe laying on my kitchen counter right at this moment. I've been craving one and decided I should bake some later this week. How interesting that she and her husband live in a yurt. I'd say she has an adventurous spirit.

    ReplyDelete