Monday, March 14, 2022

Estate Sale (another)


 I know, not everyone enjoys home tours as much as I do, but this one had some surprises.



Like the other house on a previous post it wasn’t a home tour but an estate sale, and I went for the same reason....to see the house. It is a home I pass by almost daily, a custom build from 1927.


The main room had very high ceilings with wooden beams and trim.

The doorways were all unusual shapes as well.



The kitchen was like a trip back in time. Although I am not sure this stove is that old. I couldn’t find a brand on it, but it looks almost like the Aga stove that is still being produced.



I’ve never seen anything like this in a private home. Looks like an old commercial refrigerator, although I guess it could be a freezer?
This unusual chandelier looks like maybe it’s from Italy? It was in the primary bedroom, which seemed a strange place for it.

All of the furniture was antique,
 
 

and bit unusual.


I remember my grandmother having a sewing machine like this.
 
 

I wonder how old this record player is?


Probably near the same age as this t.v 
.
I found this room very unusual. Built into the wall was this faucet. It wasn't the dining room maybe a large breakfast room? There was a fireplace, and  green tile trim in the room along the doorways and even along the bottom of the wall instead of wood molding.
 
So there you have it. It's how I have been entertaining myself until I can travel again. What have you been up to?


5 comments:

  1. Dearest Janey,
    That sure was a custom built home and it appears that they used oak for the doors, archways and side paneling.
    The chandelier is definitely from Italy, probably from the very same Bassano region where we had ours custom made in pure white: https://mariettesbacktobasics.blogspot.com/2011/09/our-white-ceramic-chandeliers-from.html
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also think commercial freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The freezer looks similar to ones seen years ago in butcher's shops.
    I have a similar Singer sewing machine, it was my mothers. I hang on to it for sentimental reasons - they are not worth much as there are so many of them still around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little trip down memory lane! My grandmother also had a sewing machine just like that one and that record player and TV both look so very familiar to me. That TV looks just like the one I grew up with. What a fun way to spend some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to go back to the beginning of this post to remind myself that this wasn't a museum visit. So much here is fascinating that it needs to be preserved.

    ReplyDelete