Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Hello Jasper

On my previous post I explained that we boarded the VIA Canada Train in Vancouver for and overnight to Jasper. We arrived about 4pm the next afternoon to to a lush and beautiful small mountain town, and stayed in a very pretty lodge that had an open courtyard with a huge fireplace.
 The next morning we went by tour bus to the largest natural lake in The Canadian Rockies, Maligne Lake, to have a wonderful breakfast looking the lake.
I went down to take a picture of the picturesque boat house, and this popped out in front of me! I took a quick photo and then ran back up the hill.There were so many people around that I was afraid he would charge up the hill directly at me.
Although he paused to munch on a bush, and I zoomed in for another quick shoy. By the way, Moose can be dangerous.
When everyone finished eating, we took a boat ride out to Spirit Island, pictured above.It was probably one of my favorite places on the whole trip.
I was of course also delighted that some of the snow that had fallen the week before, was still there.
My friend Judy was simply delighted by everything.
Next up...Let's raft a river!


6 comments:

  1. That moose is huge! The lake I visited too. I remember we walked through a wood and saw a moose with calf behind the trees. Passing walkers pointed each other with sealed lipps at the moose. We were not aware it could be dangerous at that time. Nobody had told us that. I only heard it recently. With calf it could have been more dangerous I think now....
    Anyway he didn't hurt us. Looking forward to the raft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots! Great to see Jasper again.

    Those moose can be dangerous this time of year when the rutting season starts. Always a good thing to give them a lot of space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the image of Spirit Island - very aptly named.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds perfect Janey, except for the 'maybe' charging moose 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Janey,
    Would love to do that area once too!
    We have worked as Mushroom Consultants in Vancouver and in Calgary but that is not the same as being a tourist!
    Pieter's adopted daughter is born in British Columbia, in the very north in Prince Rupert.
    Yes, those Moose are to be watched, I took photos of them near Grand Canyon when we left the restaurant we encountered them. Prohibited to feed them, they looked so very skinny...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyway he didn't hurt us. Looking forward to the raft!


    หนังเกย์

    ReplyDelete