Thursday, February 15, 2018

Discoveries Under the Sea

Since I retired...and moved to a new town, I am trying my best to stay busy as well as learn new things. In addition to the fun courses that I take at T. C. U. I have also joined The Lecture foundation, an organization (all women) founded in 1935. It's goal is to bring distinguished speakers in the field of literature, education, current events and the arts to it's members which are 800 strong.With so many members, the lectures are held a a local country club, meeting six times during the year.

Today's speaker was the world's foremost maritime archaeologist and author Dr. James Delgado. He has spent four decades exploring the world's oceans and in the process he has come across many treasures encased in ancient sunken ships.
He was a terrific speaker with the most interesting information and beautiful slide show. The audience was hanging on his every word. He told us that our oceans hold so many secrets and is only 8% explored. We know more about the moon, Venus and Mars than we do about our oceans. I would love to attend another of his informative lectures.
My Thursday in Fort Worth, Texas

6 comments:

  1. That's the sort of talk I'd love to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those lectures, went to a literary one this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping busy is what keeps us young Janey ☺ Secrets under the ocean sounds fascinating. I think my sister has just joined something similar, I'm really pleased that she has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ft. Worth has so many wonderful things to offer. I love going to book signings and lectures. Have a wonderful weekend, Janey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How interesting! It's nice to have time to join things like this....there's always something more to learn. Of course I love that area! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Janey,
    Don't you love being in the presence of a truly captivating speaker?! It for sure is an art and no doubt was his subject very interesting and so true.
    Hugs and happy Sunday,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete