Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Expressing Herself

When you were a child, did you have any say in what you wore? Not sure that I did, and I remember vividly having an argument with my own four year old that she could NOT wear the green t-shirt with the purple pants! Now...a few years later...I realize what a silly argument that was.
Meet Abigail my very precocious three year old granddaughter. No, she was not playing dress up. She is dressed for preschool...picking out her own outfit. I am happy to report it is just fine with her parents. Soon enough our world will dictate how she should look. But, right now she is free to be Abigail...or Princess Abigail or Wonder Woman or who ever her little heart decides she is that day :)

5 comments:

  1. Adorable!

    At some point in high school I started wearing overwhelmingly black. My parents figured I'd get past that phase. Never did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She reminds me of my own 3 yr old granddaughter who also chooses her own outfits for pre-school. Unfortunately it won't last long as she will start primary school in September wearing school uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abigail will look adorable in whatever she wears Janey 😊 My almost four year old granddaughter is the same, there was a time when it was tee shirt and tutu everywhere 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks so pretty, happy in her fairytale clothes. How times have changed isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little sweetie Abigail looks - I remember when I was little and had my hair braided in plaits - I longed to have a fringe but my mother wouldn't allow it.

    ReplyDelete