Sunday, February 18, 2018

Do You Doodle?

Do you doodle? is the question that  my sister Polly asked me, when she invited me to an art event to be held one afternoon at a friend's house.
There was an instructor there who would teach us the art of Zentangle (which you should not refer to a doodling). Zentangle is defined as a easy to learn, relaxing, fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. The patterns are usually drawn on small squares of watercolor quality paper called tiles. Above is and example ....drawn on a bookmark size paper.
There are books being sold that show you how to make the different patterns which all have names and special pens that have very fine points.
It sure was a relaxing fun afternoon. Yes, those are the two little tiles that I did. 
Thanks Polly for the invitation

6 comments:

  1. I have a blog follower who does Zentangle, but she is the only other person that I know of that does this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I like your Zentangle tiles very much Janey.. they have a certain Art Deco look about them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of it, it looks a bit like the " Escher paintings" .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Janey,
    You did very well and no doubt Polly was proud of you too.
    Love this technique and it is very pretty.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete