Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Special Interest Group

I have mentioned before that I take fun/non credit courses for seniors at Texas Christian University. As part of that same program, they offer special interest groups. This semester I have joined The Art of Fort Worth.
Today they had a luncheon and free tour of the Modern Museum which also included a behind the scenes tour of the vaults...very interesting. The above work is by Jonathan Borofsky and is titled Big Ears...a self portrait. I might add that it is two stories tall.
Ah, no this is not Tom and myself playing like we are at the beach. It is an artwork by Ron Mueck. They are so life like that you expect them to move..
Although they are not life sized...they are huge!
You can read about Mueck and see some of his very unusual sculptors HERE
It was so greathaving a docent explain the art...especially since some of the pieces left me a bit puzzled. Our rains have returned , so it was a wonderful way to spend a not so nice the afternoon.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting exhibition. I remember I have seen a picture of simular couple on the floor in a museum here too. Must still go for a look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Ron Mueck figures are extraordinary, and I can see from those standing around that they are very large - I am glad you pointed that out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen some of Mueck's work before. It's very unusual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Janey,
    Wow, that is quite amazing and no doubt very interesting.
    Aha, Ron Mueck born from German parents thus originally Ron Mück (changing ü into ue instead).
    That man in a boat is almost frightening REAL! Some artists have something 'in' them to amaze others!
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    Well, we had one morning of heavy rain while in New Orleans... it was supposed to be 80s but instead 60s. Here in Georgia we also got rain yesterday. I'm looking forward to warm and sunny days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both the course and the tour would interest me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link Janey. His sculptures are amazing.. so very realistic!

    ReplyDelete