Sunday, March 4, 2018

Lost

Do you ever miss place your keys? Well, my husband seems to a lot! I tried buying him one of those gizzmos that you can make beep by pressing app on your phone, but it wasn't loud enough.
So, we spent the entire afternoon yesterday trying to locate his keys.
Notice that our keys rings look a lot alike....but his were the ones missing.
I am, by the way, very good at finding things...but I was busy cooking an early dinner.
He says he used them last at 3pm when he went down to the kiosk to check the mail. We do not have our own mailbox, but have to walk about a half a block to collect it here.

Oh man, he checked the entire house and I finally joined in. I ask him to retrace his steps since 3pm,of which there weren't many. Then a light bulb went off in my head. Are you sure you had YOUR keys when you checked the mail?...Or mine?Well there's a thought.

So, we went over all of the places he went since pulling the car back into the garage earlier in the day. I went out to look in the car...and all around it.
Well, they were not in the car...but under it. You see, he had carried a heavy box of old files out there and sat them down beside the car. Seems they had fallen out of his pocket and slid all the way under the car.
If anyone has a suggestion to help him keep up with his keys better...Please share. Thanks


6 comments:

  1. Perhaps he could put them on a cord and wear them around his neck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never lost mine, but they have occasionally gone through the wash while being left in a pants pocket.

    You could have the sort that you whistle and it whistles back, like the one James Bond uses in The Living Daylights.

    Just without the added features from Q branch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think losing things is a fact of life these days. At the moment it's my kitchen scissors that have gone for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I recognize this so well! It is a man's thing. How many times I do the same thing as you for SC. Walk back all the steps he made to find everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Janey,
    Oh my, I've been that road a few times as well!
    Usually I have to ask where did you go earlier and what did you wear, in order to find it still in his pocket of yet another short or jean...
    Women are the best for details!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. After misplacing ours one time too may, we now religiously place them in a small container on our kitchen counter. We have two vehicles. Since we only have one set of van keys, it's imperative that they don't get lost. My husband thinks he took the other van keys to Goodwill in a pant pocket (and left them there) when we moved from our Denver house! Replacing those van keys would cost hundreds of $$ so we get by with one set (if they don't get lost...).

    ReplyDelete