Tuesday, May 8, 2018

The Surprise Encounter

As I mentioned in a previous post...we have had several guests of late.
One of our activities for visitors is usually a visit to our favorite (nearby) museums. We were doing just that on a rainy day last week,
when a stranger approached me with this lady on his arm. I was a bit startled when he addressed me asking "excuse me, but what exactly brought you here today?". A bit quick witted I am, so I am happy that I didn't answer: "to get out of the rain". Instead I said "we have out of town guests and we love this museum". All the while looking around for some hidden camera. He then replied, "well then you need to thank this lady... she started this museum"...I have since read a lot about her....and indeed she did build the museum. We had a very nice visit and she introduced us to her daughter who is the new president of the Kimbell. You can read more HERE
I am still wondering why I was singled out, but very happy that I was. He by the way is writing a book about the museum and he finishes...I guess I will know his name.!

5 comments:

  1. You must be so pleased that you didn't say to get out of the rain - what a relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! It's hard to be put on the spot and say the right thing but you did great! How nice to meet them both! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Janey,
    Haha, I'm just like you and at times it can cost you a huge regret... but this worked out fabulous!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete