Wednesday, July 11, 2018

The Backyard

In this little mountain town we have a music venue called The Back Yard. It is located behind a gas station. Sounds very primitive but it is  a wonderful place to attend a concert. There is the wall of a cliff behind the stage that is great for bouncing the music back out into the crowd.
The most recent concert we attended was a tribute to the late John Denver. Chris Collins not only looks a bit like Denver but her sounds very much like him. Oops I caught his eyes closed.
Chris has a groupie (I guess that is what you call them) who had come all the way from Japan to hear him. She was a huge John Denver fan and I guess she catches as many of Chris Collins performances as she can. I went back to talk to her. Her English was limited and my Japanese was not existent....but she seemed to appreciate that I would stop and try to talk to her.
As I turned to go away. She opened her hand and offered me a little origami crane...I guess as a gesture of friendship. I love meeting interesting people...Oh and the concert was terrific!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Janey,
    That concert no doubt was terrific and I surely would have enjoyed it, so would my youngest brother...
    How sweet to give you their national bird in the form of a little origami!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice meeting and such a precious gift for you. Does she carries them always with her to give away I wonder.

    ReplyDelete