Friday, November 19, 2021

Packing up Fall

 I know, it is still Fall and Thanksgiving in the U.S. is still almost a week away, but we need to get our home decorated because of what has become an over scheduled time of the year.

Yes, even our  neighbors trees  are a constant  reminder what time of year it is!

Don’t get me wrong, I love the warm colors this time of year, but you have to budget your time as to when you have time to decorate.

So into the storage boxes go the oranges yellows and browns,
and out comes the new smaller artificial tree. As you pop the three sections in place the lights magically come on. No searching for the plugs hidden in the tree.

We spent a lot of the day dragging out decorations, decorating the tree and the rest  of the house. Will wait until after Thanksgiving to put the wreath on the front door. Don’t want the neighbors to think we are rushing the season!

!

7 comments:

  1. Your tree looks beautiful. My friend who lives in the huge house has her outdoor lights up already. The people who put up the lights do it at a reduced price if you have it done in the first part of November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Janey,
    What a practical and beautiful tree you used!
    With our five kitties in residence, no tree for us...
    You made me laugh with the word: put the 'wealth' on the front door. Wreath you no doubt mean!
    Spell checkers can be a nuisance and for me, juggling 7 languages at times things come out looking like I must be 'drunk'. So did a message sent to our choir director the other day... Haha!
    Also it proves that we still have not 'slowed down' our too rapid speed in doing things. Will we ever learn?
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me oh my. Thank you Mariette. I should be more careful about proofreading!

      Delete
  3. The tree is so pretty and I sure do like the twinkle lights in a room when it gets dark so early. I always decorate when the mood strikes me! Enjoy your weekend! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing.
    Cock Fighting Online

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is so pretty! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Janie!

    ReplyDelete