Saturday, November 13, 2021

The Tour

 Sometimes you come up with a crazy idea and it turns out to be a great one.. Tom and I were watching the local morning news and they were interviewing a famous chef about his latest project (he already owns several restaurants in town) which is a container hotel. Since it was a beautiful morning, I suggested that we go see it, and also check out several other new hotels in town. You see, Ft. Worth is one of the fastest growing cities in the country.


So, here it is. A novel idea for sure but it is priced like a luxury hotel.. I guess if it were in a desired location I could understand that .


Next we checked out what is described as a boutique hotel that  is in a very desired location that needs more hotels. Although referring to it as a boutique hotel had me confused. The first boutique hotel I stayed in was in San Francisco. It was a darling little place in an old building, but I guess my thinking this place would be in an old building was my own concept of boutique. The sign was confusing. There  use to be a Dry Ice Warehouse in this location, so they left the sign. Nice, but they spelled the name of the hotel slightly different and there is no other sign?

On to the wildly famous Stockyard  area. This  hotel has a rooftop restaurant with views of downtown. Although the restaurant up there doesn’t open till dinner time (so obviously this isn’t my picture). We will look forward to trying this place out.

Also in the stockyards is a new place that is described as Rustic-Luxe


….and they got this description right! Oh man it is beautiful!


I love how they left the Live Oak tree by the pool, although the guys who clean the pool may not.

The poolside cabanas even had chandeliers!


Snooping around we also discovered that there  are several banquet rooms so they can attract  conventions.
So, I have made a decision. I would like to stay in hotel number four, go for and swim and then have dinner at hotel number three…how about you?


5 comments:

  1. I love the cabanas with the chandeliers! WOW! It's fun to do something like this. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm with you on this one. That last hotel is beautiful. However, I would like to snoop around that container hotel. They are doing so much with containers lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Janey,
    Pieter and I were discussing just that the other day while driving to Atlanta; the often STUPID name selection! It doesn't make sense most of the time... that DRY ICE on the rusty sign is a farce! And so ugly...
    The rooftop restaurant will be fabulous for dinner at night; no doubt.
    The Rustic Luxe really does hit home; all the way!
    I can tell you that live oak will be a mess. Ours is gone now and on November 16 you can read my post about it. But if they can manage the ongoing cleanup, it looks good.
    Wondering if those chandeliers can be in that spot outdoors, in the rain...?! Lovely view but is it safe?
    At least you discovered some fabulous and most interesting things in your booming city.
    No wonder if California is restricting more and more for any business; they move elsewhere!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing.
    ឡូកឡាក់ Online

    ReplyDelete