Monday, November 1, 2021

Clearfork part lll

Several posts back I was showing you some of the outdoor art on my art walk through the Clearfork Shopping area with my special interest group, The Art of Ft. Worth connected with TCU University. 


Well, this art exhibit titled Migrating Peace was actually in the parking garage.To be exact, floating down above the escalators. A work by Kevin Box in collaboration with Robert Lang. Lang folded each bird out of a single piece of paper. I am sure you are familiar with the art of origami.


Mr. Box then made a wax casting, eventually filling it with stainless steel. The birds are all sizes and grouped as families of birds would be in flight.

The migration of Sandhill Cranes is and annual event it Texas.

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Janey,
    What a LOVELY and very artful exhibit.
    Only ones have I seen Sandhill Cranes flying over and I was too late for grabbing my video camera. Not too late for capturing them, but did not get their loud talking. That's how I recalled them as a little girl when they flew over in The Netherlands...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    In Japan, the national bird is the larger Red-crowned Crane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are beautiful and what a multifaceted creative process.
    P.S. your story of the crashing casserole make me laugh. That must have been a sad mess.

    ReplyDelete