Saturday, February 26, 2022

Deja Vu

 Sometimes youtube videos mysteriously appear on my Facebook feed. I usually enjoy watching the ones about rescuing animals, which is probably why they keep showing up.


Yesterday  there was one about a kind motorcycle rider who stopped  to pick up a woman whose saddled horse had gotten away from her. 


So now the chase was on and all recorded  by the GoPro camera attached to the motorcycle riders helmet. All of a sudden this deja vu  moment washed over me…and I rewound!! Actually several times..I know this street!

There! I just knew it!! You see many years ago My husband and I lived in The Netherlands for a couple of years. You guessed it I had just recognized the street they were running down! It was the very street we lived on and the house on the left is where we lived! What are the chances of that!

Here is a very bad picture of our house,which was located on Groot Haesebroekseweg in Wassenaar, The Netherlands. Let me tell you it took a while for me to learn to spell the name of that street!

Oh and yes they finally captured the horse!

I am not very techie or I would link the video

8 comments:

  1. It's a very pretty house and road - I think that you were mean't to see that video, and apart from capturing the horse it has also recaptured your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that is pretty amazing. I love coincidences like that. I always think what a small world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Janey,
    WOW, you brought back some nice views of my birth country.
    Found your video: https://youtu.be/MrUg9pwoG00
    You sure did live in a very nice area in a nice home while being in The Netherlands!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly did. Adored that area. The street was s
      o wide. Closest to out fence was the horse path, then the road, next was the bike path, then a sidewalk. Even horse drawn carriages passed by outside my window. When I was unpacking I looked up and there was a beautiful pheasant …Miss Wassenaar.
      Sitting on the fence post.

      Delete
  4. At 37 seconds into video is your previous house on the left...😏

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some Dutch words are quite a mouthful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You lived in a very pretty house there, fun to see it back on a movie.

    ReplyDelete