Thursday, February 3, 2022

Time to Rodeo

 In 2019 a new $450 million dollar multi purpose  arena opened in Fort Worth.


Admittedly it wasn’t good timing for the 14,000 seat capacity Dickie's Arena to open. Although with more than one deep pocket billionaire in town…it is surviving.

Set up here for the rodeo which is part of the annual Fort Worth Fat Stock Show and Rodeo


We were invited this week to attend the rodeo by a friend we met in Colorado who has box seats at the arena..The guys were there too..but a bit camera shy. If you have western clothes, this is an event where you want to wear them. I don’t, but I do own a turquoise belt!


The evening starts with young ladies parading the American and Texas flags around the arena on horseback.
Then everyone stands for the national anthem. Notice how the lighting makes the dirt look red?
After that there is one event after another.. I didn’t take a picture of all of them, but this the bucking horse event. Of course the winner is the cowboy who stays on the horse the longest.


Steer roping
 
.


 where they rope the steer then jump off the horse throwing the steer to the ground and tie up its legs….Not my favorite event.


I enjoy the  Chuckwagon Races more,
 
 

and I had no ideas these guys were going to be there!
 
 


Budwiser's Clydesdales were there and made three laps around the arena. Gosh those horses  are beautiful! Have you ever seen them?
The rodeo starts annually in Ft. Worth in mid January and has since 1918.

5 comments:

  1. Dearest Janey,
    Wow, the standing for the National Anthem is class and so are the Clydesdale horses.
    Would have LOVED to see them once in real life.
    You are a lucky girl.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to a rodeo on years and it's on my list of things I definitely want to do again! I have lots of turquoise I could wear! lol Love your belt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This facility is very bright and pleasant. However , I prefer outdoor rodeo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I've seen those gorgeous horses. They really are horse royalty.
    This brings back memories. I haven't been to a rodeo event in many years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks spectacular to watch a rodeo. I only know it from the movies.

    ReplyDelete