Wednesday, May 25, 2022

A Kitchen Window

 When we were building this place almost eight years ago, one of my must haves was a large kitchen window. Some folks would probably not have made that choice given how close these houses are together. They are called zero property line lots. Not sure what that means since the houses are actually ten feet apart.


I know I am in view of the neighbors, but hey I like them and can lower our shades if we need privacy. I guess what I am saying is I cherish  the light over privacy.


Helen next door planted a row of magnolia trees on their side of the fence and I am so enjoying the big white flowers this time of the year. Did you know that the Magnolia tree is the state tree of Mississippi and also the blossoms are the state flower. They have lined some of their freeways with Magnolia trees. 

Is there a feature that would be a must have if you were building a new house?

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Janey,
    Well, I wish I had a window over my kitchen sink as well. We do have our bay window with full sunshine at breakfast time and then the sun turns towards our veranda and back of the house. We drove around looking for a lot with that feature for morning sun at breakfast time!
    Light is number one for me; would be rather depressed having to live in a 'dark' house.
    We enjoy our two huge Magnolia Grandiflora trees. Our fragrant double Magnolia Grandiflora 'Namnetensis Flore Pleno' is HUGE. Tonight at 8:00 PM my new post will reveal a photo that Pieter took with his ruler to actually show its size.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "must" would be exactly the same....lots of light. I have two sliding glass doors at my place and I have the blinds open on them almost all the time.

    ReplyDelete