Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Our Favorite Seats

 Don’t know about you, but we are not willing to cough up the money for business class seats even on international flights.. We had rather use our travel budget to go more often, which meant riding back in coach.


So were were happy when the major airlines came up with a class of service that doesn’t break the bank. For our last two international trips, we have had these seats coming and going. They are the first row in premium coach. The number one thing I like is the footrest. Flying for so many hours my legs ache unless I can elevate them. 

Not only that, but seats are bigger, have some cubbyholes, and the first row has tons of legroom. This would all be enough for me but the meals are also better, served on real dishes, and they finally have decent sized pillows.

We have one more international trip this year and we have already reserved our favorite seats..Have you flown premium coach? 

4 comments:

  1. The last international flight I did was Moscow to London before Covid. For the first time ever I was upgraded to premium economy which I think is similar to what you are describing. I was very impressed and decided to investigate for my next trip. However, I am not planning any long flights just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Janey,
    Happy for you! On the evening before Pieter's Birthday (when he was already in bed) I tried to use Pieter's Delta miles for Premium Select and it said only 3 seats left. So ON his Birthday after breakfast I tried to complete my solo flight (Pieter is no longer up to the added stress and there's too much risk while abroad in his condition...) it said only 2 seats left. But then, due to my long legal name it rejected my info. Always run into this problem! So I had to call and was put on hold for over an hour, but I had to hold on; my last chance! Finally a very courteous gentleman managed to handle it all in a very swift way, including seats, for me on the aisle for my frequent trips to the bathroom and it made us both happy! We've found a gentleman that drives us to the airport as Pieter no longer drives on the Interstate. Not flying out from Atlanta, never ever again as they tried to steal my MacBook at security last time. Instead from Savannah and via Detroit to A'dam and back via New York. Searched for times that are best for the friends that drop me off in their Tesla. So finally I can get my Estate pieces home from Mom & Dad, now Covid is over with. Hoping that the testing for entrance into the US will also be done by then. AND I have 2 suitcases free; love all those bonuses! You both are smart as this makes all the difference in the world!
    Ordered a low sodium meal so that too was possible...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janey... thanks for the scoop!!! I just sent your link to my Mister. We will definitely take advantage of that.
    I am loving the Springtime in Texas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My flights have tended to be short ones.

    ReplyDelete