Sunday, August 30, 2020

The Artists

 There are a lot of artists here in our little mountain town. Some are professionals and others just enjoy art  as a hobby. I got a call one evening from a gal that is a member of a small art group, that go out together once a week to either paint are draw in locations all over these mountains. Seems they wanted to come on our property and sketch our views on a day that were headed to buy groceries in Gunnison and attend my physical therapy, but I told them to come on anyway.


Only a couple of people were still around when we finally got home.


Kathy was sketching our southern view,


which you have all seen. I think she did a very good job.

I have never seen this”read more” on my posts before?


Kathryn who I neglected to take a picture of, did a pen and ink of the view off of our west balcony.


Also a nice job.I sure would like to track down the others to see their work.







5 comments:

  1. How sweet of you to give them acces to your place to do their artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Janey,
    That proves that your 'outlook' from your mountain home is worthwhile for an artist's eye to capture forever.
    A compliment, no doubt.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have one of the best views going to attract such a talented crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say there are some very talented artists in your community. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy has captured your beautiful view so well Janey, what a lovely idea to have artists visit like this 💜

    ReplyDelete