Friday, January 15, 2021

A Sign of the Times


I don’t have to tell you that department stores around the world are suffering. I have to admit that I find myself shopping online more and more.





I did discover that there is a new kid in the neighborhood. It is a new concept that Macy’s is trying. A smaller version full service department store. Today was the grand opening right here in Fort Worth, Texas. I didn’t actually go inside, since I am still not doing crowds...but I do  plan to soon since I am getting my second vaccine shot next week.We want to have department stores so I promise I am going to do my part to make sure they make it.






4 comments:

  1. I would love to have a view at Macy's too. So long ago I have been in an department store.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh even the big department stores are having to adapt Janey, wonder if anything will get back to how it was before. We will be living a new kind of normal ✨

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shopping in department store seems a long and distant memory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard for me to imagine a world without department stores. I have fond memories of going to them with my mother when I was a kid. I loved going to Carson Pierre Scott. I felt so grown up going there. And then, just 20 years ago when I was working in Chicago I spent many hours roaming the stores along Michigan Avenue. It was great entertainment on the weekends I stayed in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete